TOUR: Otway Greening Nursery & Farm 6th April (pm)
Native nursery and small scale agroforestry (2.5 hours)
Sunday 18th March 1.30 - 4.00pm
Friday 6th April 1.30 - 4.00pm
Tour Presented by Mike and Wendy Robinson-Koss
Otway Greening is a private plant nursery specialising in native trees, shrubs and ground covers for biodiversity, aesthetics, shelter, Landcare, bush food, timber and other products. Loosely based on permaculture, Mike and Wendy have veggie gardens, orchards, timber plantings and more.
The guided tour will include:
- Overview of native nursery production methods including seed collection, propagation, plant raising and planting.
- Organic household food production from vegetable gardens and orchards (with chickens)
- Native timber production integrated with biodiversity
OPTIONAL MORNING TOUR of Bambra Agroforestry Farm: Join Rowan Reid for a tour of the Bambra Agroforestry Farm. Rowan Reid planted his first trees in 1987. His idea was to establish an outdoor education centre for agroforestry where landholders could explore the opportunities to integrate commercial trees into their farming landscape for conservation, aesthetics and profit. "I wanted to make the act of planting trees – and cutting them down for high quality timber – attractive to farmers."
If you want to book the Bambra Agroforestry Farm tour click on item below
Where: Otway Greening is located in the Eastern Otways just south of Deans Marsh. It will take you about 1.5 hours from the West Gate Bridge in Melbourne. Detailed directions will be emailed to you.
Once you buy your ticket/s (below):
- you will immediately be issued with a receipt of purchase . This is your entry ticket please bring with you.
- directions and information will be emailed direct to you by your host.